We get beyond our everyday troubles and connect with a more expansive sense of life.
This experience doesn’t only feel good, it also contains wisdom.
But isn’t it gone and in the past?
No! It’s an internal state of mind we can re-access right now.
By doing this we can use its wisdom to process our problems.
- Sit up straight or stand, and take several slow, deep breaths.
- Identify a problem you want to work on.
- Put the problem aside and focus on the following: Remember a moment in your life when you felt totally incredible—happy, ecstatic, free, powerful, alive, fulfilled, and whatever else is most meaningful to you.
- See yourself in that moment. Look at every detail. If there are sounds you remember listen to them closely. Go deeply into your visual and auditory memory.
- Remember how you felt and feel into it with every cell in your body. Amplify the feeling by making it bigger and more intense. Inject the feeling into your brain too; fill your whole mind with it. Let the feeling take over your entire being.
- Stand up and make physical movements that express the feeling. Put your whole body into it. Make your experience all-encompassing by seeing, hearing, feeling, and moving it. Relive it again in all its glory.
- Stay in your special state of mind, body, and spirit and look back at the problem. How would you deal with it using this awesome energy and attitude? This high state of awareness contains a solution to what’s bothering you. Use its wisdom to direct you. Give advice to the part of you that had the problem, and enjoy the new way of being.
Can you identify what stops you from experiencing this liberated feeling more often? Is it an inner critic? A fear? An oppressive person in your life or in the world? A belief about life that suppresses the feeling?
If your awesome feeling could speak, what would it say to the thing that blocks you? Have an inner dialogue between your liberated self and the blocker. By doing this you’re already well on your way to transforming your issue.